Friday, January 18, 2008

Here we go Again...

Here we go again! Offically pregnant with baby #2 (or baby #3 if you include the miscarriage I had in September). To say we are shocked with this pregnancy is an understatement, as we weren't planning on offically trying until sometime this summer. We're excited though and not quite as nervous as we were with the pregnancy in September, where I miscarred around 7 weeks.

I am just barely pregnant...4 weeks yesterday! I found out on Wednesday January 16th. I had a dermatologist appointment so Matt worked from home and watched Gavin so I could go (since it was in Murray and at 8:00 am). I had had some spotting the previous week which I thought was unusual, but I didn't really think anything of it since it only lasted a day. As I was driving to my appointment, the thought occured to me that if they had to remove any moles they would have to numb the area before doing so and thought...would that be safe if I'm pregnant? It hit me then that the spotting the previous week and some sharp cramping I had had were the same symptoms I had when I found out I was pregnant with Gavin.

So, on my way home I stopped at Walmart and bought a pregnancy test - a digital one! I have always used the ones that show two lines if it's positive, which results in me taking 3-4 tests to make sure there are REALLY two lines. I ran into the bathroom when I got home and took the test and within 20 seconds there was a big fat PREGNANT on the test. Oh my gosh! I didn't even know what to think. The first thing I could think of was how to tell Matt and praying that he wouldn't be mad since we didn't plan this. I didn't know what to do so I just acted like nothing was wrong and went about my day. I ran up to Best Buy to pick-up my laptop and we went to close on our refinance later that day. It wasn't until that evening that I knew I had to tell him. We were both on the couch surfing the internet on our new laptops (lame, I know) so I instant messaged him that I had a secret to tell him. It just seemed easier than actually telling him to his face. I started crying after I told him because I was afraid he was mad, but he wasn't. He was fine with it. A little nervous of course, but overall I couldn't have asked for a better reaction.

So...there's the story. We are going to wait and tell everyone sometime after our 10 week appointment incase I miscarry again. I have felt great so far. No morning sickness or anything...just some extreme tiredness which is the only symptom I had with Gavin and the last pregnancy. We are hoping and praying that everything continues to go smoothly so we can meet this little person in 8 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment